Saturday 11 April 2009

GOOD BRITISH NEWS: Jack's Olympic Dream



Meet Jack Ford from West Sussex. Jack's dream is to go to the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi when he is 17 and represent Great Britain in Ice Skating.

Let's Rebrand Britain met Jack's mum, Judith, who works (like a trooper) in our local convenience store. Judith happened to mention that she gets up at 4.30am every morning. Naturally, my inquisitive mind started wondering, when I was enlightened with some fantastic news!! Judith rises this early to take her son, Jack, for his ice lessons (at Guildford) to help him achieve his dream of winning the Olympics. This is just the kind of news we want to publicise. This is my favourite quote of the day – by Judith: "All in all I am proud of my son he has come a long way from an overweight Xbox punching child to a mature young man who knows what he wants and has changed his life to get it." We want to see more quotes like this! Anyway, back to Jack ...

Jack says: "I love skating so much, it is my life. With a bit of help and a lot of hard work. I might be able to make it. Competition is fierce in this cut-throat sport. But I am willing to give it my best shot. I began skating just over a year ago. A friend of my grandmas gave my sisters the Disney Ice Princess on DVD. Good film but I wasn't that taken with it. They drove dad mad until he booked some lessons for them at The Streatham rink which dad had skated at when he was a boy. Not wanting to be left out I went with them. I loved it. It was so much fun. At the end of the six weeks we all passed our assesment. the girls went on to grade 2 and I was promoted to grade three. Six weeks later I was in grade 5, then came grade 6, then 8, 9 and 10". Jack then graduated into the Dance Class led by Diane Towler Green, "I loved the sensation and the way it made me feel. I passed Bronze, Silver and Gold in Diane's class in 12 weeks. Diane had told dad that she thought I was a very talented skater with natural ability. Ever since then Ice Dance has been my discipline of choice and it is in that discipline that I hope to make it all the way into the British squad and beyond to The Olympics. HELP ME TO ACHIEVE MY DREAM."

So if you are business and think you could help Jack achieve his Olympic Dream, then click here to see how you could help. And if Robin Cousins or Torvill and Dean happen to stumble across this, then take a peak at Jack strutting his funky stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment